Forest Research Institute of the Karelian Research Centre RAS, Institute of Forest Science RAS, and RAS Scientific Council on Forest plan to organize the jubilee 10th international conference “Problems of Forest Phytopathology and Mycology” on October 15 to 19, 2018 at the premises of the Forest Research Institute of the Karelian Research Centre RAS, Petrozavodsk. We invite you to take part in our conference.
1. Taxonomy, biology and ecology of species and complexes of fungi and lichens.
2. Structure and functions of the fungal and lichen biota in forest communities.
3. Role of fungi in destruction processes and the formation of the structure of forests.
4. Distribution patterns of fungi and lichens in forests and non-forest areas and sites of various geneses and human uses.
5. Epiphytotic conditions and invasions of fungi, and solutions for restraining their harmfulness.
6. Silvicultural, chemical and biological methods for controlling the emergence and massive spreading of pathogenic fungi.
7. Timber protection against destruction by fungi.
8. Edible and medicinal fungal resources of forests.
Dear colleagues, to submit an application for the conference funding to the Russian Foundation for Basic Research the organizing committee needs to know the number of participants from various regions and institutions of Russia and abroad. To collect these data we ask those interested in participating to submit the registration form before the end of year 2017.
Conference proceedings and the next volume of the collective monograph "Fungal Communities of Forest Ecosystems" (Vol. 5) will be published by the conference opening.
With this preliminary circular the organizing committee announces the possibility to submit registration forms and materials in advance at the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org (Anna Ruokolainen) and email@example.com (Vladimir Storozhenko).